Friday, May 23, 2008

Freebie for Friday! -and some other stuff too...

It's been a while since I posted a freebie on here and I thought I ought to. I love giving freebies and it's just been so long since I've been able to focus on one to give!


First, While I've got you here, I want to mention a few other things.

I'll get the not-so-pleasant stuff out of the way first. There has been a lot of communication going on behind my back about the idea that I would "copy-cat" someone else's design name and other things that are associated with her. Thankfully, this other designer who was being pushed into thinking that I was maliciously trying to copy her, decided to be upfront and honest with me about everything! I thank you for that again if you are reading this! Before this communication from her though, I am disappointed that it went on as long as it did before I knew anything about it. I wish people would give me a chance. I'm a nice person and I'm understanding. PLEASE, if you have an issue with me or a concern, please come talk to me or ask me about it! I RARELY get offended and never get nasty about things!

In light of all of this, I thought I would announce that I am now searching for a new design name. No, the other designer didn't tell me I had to, in fact she said the opposite, that everything was alright with her and that's just the way things are. I, however, cannot continue to keep my name, knowing that others think it is terrible for me to have a name similar to hers. So, when I come up with something else I will let you all know. I plan on hopefully unveiling my new name on June 3rd. (you'll have to wait to find out what else is happening on June 3rd!)


Now, on to happier things!

Today is my Anniversary!!! yep, I've been married for 4 years (don't ask how I did it! lol)!!! So in celebration of my anniversary, I'm giving you guys a sale!!! YEAH! (Plus it's Memorial Day weekend here in the states so there's some extra incentive for you to indulge in a fab sale!) When you spend $10 or more in my store at Digital Candy, you'll get $4.00 off your total! ($1.00 for each year of my marriage) Just click the ad to go to my store!

Also, If you haven't done this already, please sign up to subscribe to my blog! The subscription box is in the left sidebar just below the Team Pictures. There's an incentive here too! periodically I decide to just give my subscribers a gift that doesn't get posted here at the blog!

So Here's your Freebie! You deserve it now that You've sat through this whole post! ;)

This is a Teaser kit from Secret Garden which was just released in my store! It is a sample of items included in the Secret Garden kit! This teaser kit is a must-have, as is the full kit!

You can find the full kit here at my store at Digital Candy! Right now there is a special offer on the kit and add-on. Through the end of the month, if you buy the Full Secret Garden kit, you'll get the Add-on kit for FREE! So don't forget to check it out! But for now please enjoy this Teaser! (click the image to download, it will be available for one week only! sorry, link has expired... )


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) Maria! I know you'll come up with an awesome new busness name and I can't wait to see what it is! Don't let people get you down, I have seen recently with my own eyes how harsh people in this digi-world can be. Hold you head high and be proud! Those of us who know you, know you would never "copy cat" anyone! I'm sorry that people have been talking about you, they don't realize that there is another person behind that screen and that words hurt. But your fans got your back! LOL! ;)

Flergs said...

Oh no! I didn't expect this....it is sad that you feel you have to do this. But it is exciting for someone to win! But seriously you shouldn't have to. Nothing but good feelings from me Maria. You know it and that is all that matters.

Anonymous said...

You may be Duchess now but you'll always be Ferg to me sweetie! Gawsh, I go on vacation and my scrapladies go crazeee!